CES preview: TomTom App for iPhone/iPad goes social
Las Vegas, Consumer Electronics Show, 10 January 2012 – TomTom today previews the latest version (v1.10) of the TomTom App for iPhone and iPad. The new version integrates TomTom navigation with Facebook™ and Twitter™ allowing users to navigate to friends, places and events more easily. Customers who already have the App will be able to download the new features for free.
The TomTom App for iPhone and iPad will be the first to use social networks as a source for turn-by-turn navigation. It can automatically plan routes based on information from Facebook events, places and friends. Drivers can also use the App to share their destination and arrival time on Twitter, Facebook, by email and SMS text.
"According to recent studies, the vast majority of iPhone users use Facebook on their iPhone" says Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director Consumer at TomTom. "By integrating Facebook features into our TomTom App we make navigating to places, events and seeing friends even easier."
The new TomTom App will be available within Q1 2012.
Notes for editors
Images of the latest App are available at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/OfficialTomTom
Interviews are offered by Yann Lafargue, International Public Relations Manager at TomTom.
New to version 1.10 of the TomTom App for iPhone and iPad:
- Uses Facebook places, events and friends as a source of turn-by-turn navigation.
- Enables drivers to share their destination and arrival time on Twitter, Facebook, by email and SMS text.
The TomTom App for iPhone/iPad already offers drivers:
- The latest, most accurate maps available – with no need for a mobile signal or data plan.
- Free daily map changes from the TomTom community through Map Share.
- Reliable arrival times at all times of day with IQ Routes.
- The quickest routes through traffic, with more coverage and more updates than any other provider. Powered by HD Traffic.
- Real-time camera alerts via TomTom Speed Cameras.
- A powerful search with Google™ and Facebook.
- Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone thanks to iOS Multitasking support.
- Seamless integration with contacts, photos, music, email and calendar.