TomTom reports third quarter 2015 results
Financial summary Q3 '15
- Revenue of €254 million (Q3 '14: €235 million)
- Gross margin of 53% (Q3 '14: 57%)
- EBITDA of €33 million (Q3 '14: €41 million)
- Net result of €2 million (Q3 '14: €6 million)
- Adjusted EPS1 of €0.05 (Q3 '14: €0.07)
- Net cash position of €94 million (Q3 '14: €104 million)
Operational summary Q3 '15
- New generation GPS sports and fitness watches with integrated music player and 24/7 activity tracking introduced
- The new Fiat 500 and Lancia Ypsilon equipped with TomTom maps, traffic and navigation across Europe
- New Alfa Romeo Giulia powered with TomTom maps and navigation globally
- Partnership with Bosch in the area of mapping technology for automated driving announced
- RoadDNA, precise localisation technology for automated driving, launched
- Telematics increased its installed base by 26% and recurring subscription revenue by 31% year on year
- Full year outlook re-iterated; Revenue expected of around €1 billion and adjusted EPS1 expected of around €0.20
1Earnings per fully diluted share count adjusted for acquisition-related amortisation & gain on a post-tax basis.
TomTom's Chief Executive Officer, Harold Goddijn
"Our third quarter revenue growth is in line with our plan to deliver growth in the second half of the year.
We launched a new generation GPS sports watches with integrated music player and 24/7 activity tracking; we announced new deals with automotive customers; and we saw continued growth in our licensing and fleet management businesses.
For most countries, our maps are already being maintained on our new transactional map-making system, which will be fully deployed towards the end of this year. With this technological innovation, TomTom is well positioned to address the need for accurate and up-to-date maps, for navigation applications and driver assistance applications, including Highly Automated Driving.
Our location technologies are gaining significant interest in the automotive industry as reflected in the level of bookings we secured this year, which so far exceeds €250 million. This level of order intake is substantially higher than in previous years, which is a good indication that our strategy in automotive is taking hold."
View the full TomTom reports third quarter 2015 results release in PDF format