TomTom to provide Opel with semi-integrated connected navigation
Amsterdam, 08 November 2011 - TomTom today announces the introduction of TomTom Connect: a semi-integrated navigation solution tailored specifically to Opel and Vauxhall cars. This is the first time that drivers of these cars will have access to all the benefits of connected navigation.
TomTom Connect is neatly integrated in the car and provides a great navigation experience; offering LIVE Services, including TomTom HD Traffic and dynamic routing. It gives drivers the fastest route to their destination based on the latest traffic situation. The system software and content can be updated through the online portal MyTomTom.
"Opel and TomTom have been working closely together to offer Opel and Vauxhall drivers the full advantages of real time navigation services", says Giles Shrimpton, Managing Director TomTom Automotive. "This is an important step in our relationship and I look forward to developing the opportunities this brings for both companies".
TomTom Connect will be available on the following Opel and Vauxhall models: Astra J, Corsa D, Meriva B, Combo D, and Insignia via Opel and Vauxhall dealers as of December in Europe.
The key features of the new TomTom Connect include:
- HD Traffic - a combination of real time traffic and unique dynamic routing
- The real time traffic information is generated from a network of over 80 million probes in Europe
- It covers 99.9% of the road network, reports more traffic jams in real-time and is also refreshed more frequently than any other service
- One year LIVE Services included in 30 countries
- Up-to-date speed camera information on both fixed and mobile cameras en route
- Live weather updates and local search which is sent directly to your in-dash system
- The navigation solution can be easily updated; anything from maps, to new software can be downloaded to the device via MyTomTom
- Latest generation voice recognition
- Car specific and crash tested cradle, which automatically charges the PND
- Software customisation, including dealer POIs and specific vehicle icons
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world's leading supplier of in-car location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world's best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has over 3,500 employees and sells its products more than 40 countries.
Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning TomTom HD Traffic.
For the world's most up-to-date route planner, including live traffic information please visit www.tomtom.com/livetraffic
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
Follow us on Twitter @TomTomCorporate.com
Corporate Communications - Kristina Nilsson - +31 20 757 5194 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations - Richard Piekaar - +31 20 757 5194 - email@example.com