TomTom has been selected by Volvo Cars as Global Provider of Maps, Navigation and Traffic
TU-Automotive Detroit, Michigan, USA- 8 June 2016 – TomTom (TOM2) today announced that they have been selected by Volvo Cars as the provider of location and navigation content and services for its new infotainment platform. From 2019, Volvo Cars’ customers across the globe*, across all carlines on the SPA and CMA platforms, will be able to enjoy an exceptional navigation experience powered by TomTom’s complete suite of components, both embedded and cloud based.
This agreement marks the first-time collaboration between TomTom and Volvo Cars, a premium car manufacturer with a long tradition in innovation. Among the key features and services of the TomTom solution for Volvo Cars are automotive-grade digital NDS Maps, delivering incremental real-time map updates; world-class TomTom navigation software NavKit; and TomTom Traffic and travel-related services.**
“We are extremely pleased to announce this collaboration between TomTom and Volvo Cars, one of the most respected car brands in the world,” said Antoine Saucier, Managing Director TomTom Automotive. “Thanks to the trust that Volvo Cars has put into TomTom’s products, we are uniquely positioned in the automotive industry to offer Volvo Cars future-proof systems that meet the rapidly changing market requirements.”
*Regions include Europe, North America, China, Japan, Korea, Latin America and Africa.
**Complete offering includes:
- TomTom navigation software NavKit, modular connected navigation engine
- Automotive-grade modular digital Navigation Data Standard (NDS) Maps allowing for incremental map updates
- TomTom Traffic and travel-related services
- Online Search gives remote access to an up-to-date and complete set of addresses and POIs in over 120 countries.
- NavCloud synching and sharing service across devices