TomTom GPS devices now available at Chevrolet dealerships across US
Detroit, MI, 31 January, 2012 – TomTom announces an agreement with General Motors where they will offer TomTom navigation to Chevrolet vehicle buyers. Chevrolet dealerships are offering TomTom portable navigation devices (PNDs) to customers who purchase a 2009 or newer Camaro, Colorado, Cobalt, Express, Impala or HHR. Customers who purchase one of these vehicles will have the option to choose from the TomTom VIA 1405 or VIA 1505.
"Increasingly drivers are looking for more options for navigation solutions and TomTom is the perfect supplier for GM since we are a leader in both the Consumer and Automotive markets" said Charles Cautley, Managing Director TomTom Automotive and Licensing. "TomTom is excited to partner with GM to provide navigation devices to Chevrolet customers."
With the addition of these products to Chevrolet's Accessories line, new vehicle buyers have the opportunity to easily and conveniently add TomTom's navigation technology to their vehicles at the time of purchase. Drivers will be able to update their device through the online portal MyTomTom with map and software updates, as well as personalization features such as start-up screens, voices and car symbols.
Key Features of the TomTom VIA 1405 and 1505
- Latest Map Guarantee - if a newer map release is available at time of purchase, the consumer can download one complimentary map within the first 90 days of use for no additional charge
- Premium maps of US, Canada and Mexico
- Updatability – the navigation system can be easily updated; maps and new software can be downloaded from MyTomTom
- Advanced Lane Guidance
- Plug and go right out of the box
- Convenient foldaway mount that's integrated with the device; attaches easily to the windshield and using the optional mounting disk, can be turned upside down and positioned on the dashboard
- Super-slim design, classic finish, and a 4.3" (VIA 1405) or 5.0" (VIA 1505) ultra-responsive touchscreen; new intuitive user interface allows for easy route planning and menu browsing
- Spoken Street Names
- Help Me! Emergency Menu - Easy access to local emergency providers such as police, fire stations and hospitals.