PSA Peugeot Citroën chooses TomTom as provider of maps, traffic and navigation
Amsterdam, 24 July 2012 – PSA Peugeot Citroën (PSA) has chosen TomTom as the global provider of location and navigation content and services for its infotainment system. Beginning 2015, Peugeot and Citroën customers will be able to enjoy an exceptional navigation experience powered by the highest quality maps, award-winning real time traffic service, TomTom HD Traffic, and superior navigation software.
"We are excited to partner with one of the largest car manufacturers in Europe," said Harold Goddijn, TomTom Chief Executive Officer. "With its complete stack of maps, traffic and navigation assets, TomTom is uniquely positioned in the automotive industry. The cooperation with PSA is proof that our modular product offering is satisfying a clear need for flexible, state-of-the-art location and navigation solutions components."
Among the key features and services of the TomTom solution for the PSA Group are:
- World class TomTom navigation software
- High quality maps for over 30 countries across Europe and Latin America
- TomTom HD Traffic - delivers the quickest routes through traffic, with more coverage and more frequent updates than any other provider
- TomTom Places – provides local search for places of interest and the driving directions to get there
- TomTom Danger Zones - gives drivers access to danger zone alerts, keeping them informed and improving safety throughout their journey