Mazda to debut TomTom in-dash navigation system in the US at LA Auto Show
Amsterdam, 15 November 2011 – TomTom announces that Mazda will showcase the all-new compact crossover SUV CX-5, with TomTom's line-fitted navigation solution, at the LA Auto Show. This marks the start of the North American partnership between TomTom and Mazda. The CX-5 will be available in the US, Canada and Mexico as of February 2012.
The navigation system is seamlessly integrated in the dashboard and the audio unit and features an SD card which allows the driver to regularly update the software, map and other content via their home computer.
"We have had a successful collaboration with Mazda in Europe over the last 14 months, and we are excited to expand our relationship to the North American market", said Giles Shrimpton, Managing Director TomTom Automotive.
- The flexibility of being added to the vehicle at a Mazda dealer
- An expanded driving view on a 5.8" color touch screen monitor, with intuitive user menus
- Updatability – the navigation system can be easily updated; maps and new software can be downloaded from TomTom HOME
- Latest Map Guarantee - If a newer map release is available at time of purchase, the consumer can download one complimentary map within the first 90 days of use for no additional charge
- Latest generation voice recognition for certain navigation functions, in selected languages
- RDS-TMC Traffic
- Premium Maps of US, Mexico & Canada
- IQ Routes™ (US and Canada only)
- Advanced Lane Guidance
- Spoken Street Names
- Help Me! Emergency