TomTom to provide the new Fiat Panda with connected navigation
Amsterdam, Frankfurt – 13 September 2011 – At the IAA Frankfurt Motorshow, TomTom today announces that it will provide navigation with real-time services for the Fiat Panda. This is the first time that the Blue&Me TomTom LIVE platform will be available on a Fiat A-segment car.
New Fiat Panda drivers will benefit from a great navigation experience through dash board integration, including unique dynamic routing - providing them with the fastest route to their destination based on the latest traffic situation. The Blue&Me TomTom LIVE connects seamlessly over Bluetooth Technology with your mobile phone and media player. The system software and content can be updated through the online portal MyTomTom. As the Blue&Me TomTom LIVE is fully-portable it can be used by drivers in other vehicles if needed.
"With users' demands increasing for integrated navigation solutions, I am happy that we are able to offer Fiat Panda drivers the option of experiencing an in-dash system including LIVE Service. A-segment car drivers can now enjoy the benefits of real time traffic and dynamic routing – reducing their journey times significantly as HD Traffic covers 99.9% of the road network, including inner cities. Being able to extend our integrated navigation to this segment very much fits with TomTom's commitment to reducing traffic congestion for all", said Giles Shrimpton, Managing Director TomTom Automotive. "Fiat Group Automobiles are an important partner for TomTom and I am pleased that we are able to constantly update the Blue&Me TomTom platform and to roll it out on more models".
The key features of the Blue&Me TomTom LIVE include:
- HD Traffic - a combination of real time traffic and unique dynamic routing. The real time traffic information is generated from a network of over 80 million probes in Europe. It covers 99.9% of the road network, reports more traffic jams in real-time and is also refreshed more frequently than any other service
- Up-to-date speed camera information on both fixed and mobile cameras en route
- Live weather updates and local search which is sent directly to the SIM card of your in-dash system
- Eco friendly – incorporates Fiat's eco:Drive real time information on driving style including useful suggestions for reducing environmental impact and optimising fuel consumption by changing gear and using the accelerator to suit the nature of the route
- Browsing Blue&Me functions: the device becomes your high-quality touch screen display for many Blue&Me functions, including media player, trip computer and hands free calling
- Mechanical integration through a specifically designed cradle
The Blue&Me TomTom LIVE will initially be available in Italy, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Benelux and Portugal.