Amsterdam - Frankfurt, 13 September 2011 – At the IAA Frankfurt Motorshow TomTom today announces that it will provide the latest Mazda model, the all-new compact crossover SUV CX-5, with its new line-fitted connected navigation solution. The system is seamlessly integrated in the dashboard offering LIVE Services including HD Traffic and dynamic routing; providing drivers with the fastest route to their destination based on the latest traffic situation.
"Over the last 12 months we have developed a fruitful relationship with Mazda and with this latest addition we show we are continuously evolving and innovating. The new product is line-fitted, is based on our latest technologies and offers great services such as real time traffic and accurate arrival time estimates", says Giles Shrimpton, Managing Director TomTom Automotive.
"The results of our collaboration with TomTom have been very convincing, starting with the launch of the new Mazda5 last year. For our new product, the new Mazda CX-5, we continue our successful cooperation," said Phil Waring, Chief Operating Officer, Mazda Motor Europe. "The navigation technology of TomTom is state-of-the-art and very user-friendly – a perfect fit to our brand and our vehicles".
The key features of the new TomTom Mazda CX-5 solution include:
- HD Traffic – a combination of real time traffic and unique dynamic routing
- Up-to-date speed camera information on both fixed and mobile cameras en route
- Live weather updates and local search which is sent directly to your in-dash system
- Updatability – the navigation solution can be easily updated; anything from maps, to new software can be downloaded to the device via TomTom HOME
- Latest generation voice recognition for certain navigation functions, in selected languages
- CX-5 features a 5.8-inch colour touch screen monitor, featuring the latest graphic user interface, positioned in the centre at the top of the dashboard, offering the full range of infotainment solution with features like hands free dialing via Bluetooth®, MP3 playback from USB or iPod®, control by speech and rear-view camera viewing
- The navigation system can be operated via touchscreen or the centre console