IFA Preview: TomTom App for iPhone optimised for iPad
Berlin, 01 September 2011 – TomTom today previews the latest version of the TomTom App for iPhone which will be optimised for the iPad. Those customers who already have the iPhone version will be able to download this new version to their iPads for free. This latest version will feature enhanced screen resolution, sharpened graphics and more intuitive controls specifically developed for the iPad.
"We have listened to our customers," says Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director at TomTom. "In response to strong customer demand, we have optimised our TomTom App for the iPad. Now customers have one App for all iOS devices."
The new TomTom App will be available in Autumn 2011.
Be the first to see the new iPad App at the TomTom exhibition stand during IFA 2011, Berlin - Hall 9, Stand Nr. 209, Messe Berlin.
Notes for editors
- Images of latest App available at www.flickr.com/photos/OfficialTomTom
- Interviews offered by Mark Huijnen, Product Marketing Manager On-board Mobile at TomTom and Maibel Rodriguez , Go to Market Manager On Board Mobile at TomTom.
- Other reasons to download TomTom App for iPhone:
- The quickest routes through traffic, proven. Powered by HD Traffic, which can be bought as an in-app purchase.
- Fewer speeding fines with real-time camera alerts via TomTom Speed Cameras, which can be bought as an in-app purchase.
- The most accurate TomTom maps in your pocket – no mobile signal needed.
- Daily free map updates wherever you are, via Map Share.
- Reliable arrival times at all times of day with IQ Routes.
- Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone thanks to iOS Multitasking support.
- Seamless integration with your iPhone contacts, photos, music, email and calendar.