Introducing the TomTom GO LIVE 800 series - smart, easy, connected navigation
New connected device makes LIVE Services more accessible and helps more drivers to break free from traffic jams
Amsterdam, 24 May 2011 – Today, TomTom makes connected navigation even more accessible with the launch of the TomTom GO LIVE 800 series. This stylish new addition to the TomTom GO portfolio comes with a whole year of LIVE Services– including TomTom's market leading HD Traffic service.
The launch of the TomTom GO LIVE 800 series is part of a complete refresh of the TomTom product lineup. This sees TomTom's whole range simplified and split into the non-connected Start and Via ranges – designed for those drivers seeking convenience and comfort – and the connected GO LIVE range, for drivers who want to benefit from real-time traffic and route information on their journey.
"The TomTom GO LIVE 800 series is designed to help everyone reap the benefits of connected navigation," says Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director, Consumer at TomTom. "Its smart design puts powerful TomTom LIVE Services like HD Traffic into a great value package – helping drivers everywhere to break free from jams."
All GO LIVE 800 devices bring one year of TomTom's market-leading LIVE Services straight to their device. The flagship service is TomTom HD Traffic, which delivers accurate traffic information every two minutes – that's up to seven times more frequently than any other provider. With coverage across more roads and more countries than any other traffic service, HD Traffic gives drivers detailed incident reports, length of and reason for delays, accurate travel and arrival times – even alternative route proposals.
The LIVE Services bundle also includes the Speed Cameras service, providing mobile and fixed speed camera alerts, while Local Search helps to pinpoint shops and businesses in the area. QuickGPSfix, meanwhile, helps drivers to start navigating in seconds. And they don't need to worry that the weather will spoil their plans – the TomTom GO LIVE 800 range also gives drivers local and five-day forecasts courtesy of TomTom Weather.
Drivers can also use their voice to enter addresses, while hands-free calling via Bluetooth® lets them make and answer phone calls safely whilst on the move, so it's easier than ever to stay in touch and in control.
All devices in the GO LIVE 800 series are based on TomTom's award-winning IF product design, where stylish looks meet clever functionality. The intelligent orientation sensor within GO LIVE 800 series devices, for example – coupled with the fully integrated flip screen mount – lets drivers mount their device to their dashboard, automatically rotating the screen 180 degrees. All drivers need to add is a dashboard mounting disc.
Just like every other device in the TomTom lineup, TomTom GO LIVE 800 series devices come with a bigger screen, for an even clearer and more comfortable view. Drivers simply have to choose whether they want the GO LIVE 820 with its 4.3" touch screen, or the GO LIVE 825 with the larger, 5" touch screen.
Vigreux concludes: "The new GO LIVE 800 will make TomTom HD Traffic available to more people, providing them with the very best traffic information available. This is something we committed to in our Traffic Manifesto last year, giving drivers who use TomTom HD Traffic more control by keeping them fully informed of the exact traffic situation. These drivers will spend less time stuck in traffic, arriving less stressed and on time, with quicker alternative routes offered to them as soon as they are available."
Availability and pricing
- The TomTom GO LIVE 820 (regional version) costs €199.
- The TomTom GO LIVE 820 Europe costs €229.
- The TomTom GO LIVE 825 (regional version) costs €229.
- The TomTom GO LIVE 825 Europe costs €249.
All TomTom GO LIVE 800 series devices are available to buy now in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Notes for Editors
Key features of the TomTom GO LIVE 800 series
- LIVE Services 1 year Avoid surprises on the road ahead with LIVE information like HD Traffic delivered direct to your device 1 year for free
- Hands-free calling Hands-free calling via Bluetooth®
- Integrated mounting with flip screen Integrated mounting with flip screen, automatically rotates the screen 180 degrees
- Richer maps Richer, more detailed maps than ever ? In 4.3" and 5" touch screen See more and drive easy
- Voice Control Use your voice to plan your route and give other commands to your device. Only available in selected countries: IT, CH, FR, NL, BE, PT, ES, DE, UK, IE, AT, SA
- Built-in Micro SD slot Access even richer content in the future - enabled via a software update in summer 2011
Coverage of LIVE Services varies per country as follows:
- HD Traffic in 16 countries*: AT, BE, CH, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, IE, IT, LU, NL, NO, PT, SE, UK
- Local Search with Google™ in 17 countries*: AT, BE, CH, CZ, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, UK, IE, IT, NL, NO, PL, PT, SE
- Speed Cameras in 18 countries: AT, BE, CZ, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, GR, IE, IT, LU, NL, NO, PL, PT SE, UK
- Weather and QuickGPSfix in 33 countries: AT, BE, BG, CH, CY, CZ, DE, DK, EE, ES, FI, FR, UK, GR, HU, IE, IT, LI, LT, LU, LV, MC, MT, NL, NO, PL, PT, RO, SE, SK, SL, SM, VA
*Quality may differ per country.